Healthy Recipes - Healthy Eating Print this page
1 serving: 366 mg. sodium per serving
1 slice low sodium whole wheat bread
1. Toast the bread lightly. Set aside to cool.
2. Mash the avocado in a bowl. Add the tomato, yogurt, peppers and salt. Stir to combine well. Set aside.
3. Have all other ingredients on hand.
1. Heat oil in a small (8-inch) skillet over medium low heat. Crack the egg into the pan. Turn heat down a bit, and cook until egg white is firm, about 4 minutes.
2. While egg cooks, spread avocado mixture over the toasted bread.
3. When egg white is firm, turn egg over with a spatula and cook for about 5 to 10 seconds more to give more firmness to the egg yolk.
4. Remove egg from pan and top the avocado toast with the egg, flipping the egg over so that the yolk side is up. Serve.