Healthy Recipes - Healthy Eating Print this page
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1. Line an 18 x 13 sheet baking pan with parchment paper.
2. Have all other ingredients on hand.
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Sift flour, the 1/4 cup sugar and baking powder in a large bowl.
3. Using a pastry cutter or two knives, cut the butter into the flour mixture until the flour looks crumbly.
4. Stir the yogurt into the flour mixture with a large spoon. When the flour mixture becomes sticky, use your hands to move any sticky mixture from the spoon to the bowl. Then knead the flour mixture in the bowl with your hands, adding 1 to 2 Tablespoons of extra all-purpose flour, a small amount at a time, until the flour mixture can be formed into a ball. The ball will be moist, but not as sticky.
5. Place the ball of dough onto a lightly floured board. Roll the dough with a rolling pin to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut the dough with a 2-1/2-inch biscuit cutter into 9 cakes, re-rolling the pieces of dough as necessary.
6. Place the cakes onto the parchment paper lined pan. Brush the cakes with the melted butter; sprinkle with the extra 2 teaspoons sugar.
7. Bake 18 to 20 minutes. Cool the cakes on wire racks.
8. When ready to serve, cut 2 ounces of fresh strawberries into small slices for each cake. Cut the cakes in half. Place strawberries evenly over each half. Serve (with a dollop of whipped cream if desired).