Healthy Recipes - Healthy Eating Print this page
Peanut Butter Granola Clusters
This recipe originated in last year's August issue of relish magazine. I have modified it to bring the sodium down to 12 mg. per cluster by using no salt added ingredients. You can visit relish online at relish.com to find other tasty recipes that can be modified to fit a low sodium lifestyle.
24 servings: 12 mg. sodium per serving
1/3 cup no salt added creamy-style peanut butter
1. Line two 10-1/2 by 15-1/2 inch baking sheets with parchment paper.
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Combine peanut butter, honey, syrup and oil in a saucepan. Cook over low heat until the mixture is melted and can be easily stirred together.
3. Pour peanut butter mixture over oat mixture. Using a rubber spatula, stir the mixture until everything is evenly coated, turning the spatula often to keep the mixture from sticking to it. Drop by heaping Tablespoons onto the prepared baking sheets, making 12 clusters per baking sheet. (Mixture is very sticky; it cooks up nice and firm.)
4. Bake 15 to 20 minutes, until lightly browned. Remove from oven and set baking sheet on a wire rack. Let cool completely. Store in an air-tight container or tin for up to 3 days. Can then be refrigerated, or frozen for even longer storage.