Healthy Recipes - Healthy Eating Print this page
Oatmeal Raisin Nut Cookies
The spices, raisins and nuts add great flavor to these chewy low sodium oatmeal cookies.
5 dozen cookies: 23 mg. sodium per cookie
1 cup all-purpose flour
1. Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg and cloves in a bowl.
2. Grease several baking sheets.
3. Have all other ingredients on hand.
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Beat softened butter in a large bowl with an electric mixer at medium speed until butter is creamy, about 1 to 2 minutes.
3. Add brown sugar. Beat again until sugar is well blended with the butter, about 1 to 2 minutes.
4. Add egg. Beat again to combine well, about 30 seconds.
5. Add milk and vanilla. Beat again to combine well.
6. Add flour mixture, a few heaping spoonfuls at a time, beating with each addition until dough is smooth.
7. Using a spoon, stir in oats, raisins and nuts.
8. Drop dough, 1 level tablespoon at a time, onto greased baking sheets. Flatten the cookies by pressing cookies lightly with a fork that has been dipped in water to prevent sticking.
9. Bake 10 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet. Remove to wire rack to cool completely. Store in a cookie tin, or freeze for longer storage.