Healthy Recipes - Healthy Eating Print this page
Date Nut Balls
These no sodium date nut balls can only be made by using a standard food processor. Dates become very sticky when ground, and can break a smaller grinder.
1-1/2 cups pitted dates
1. Grind pecans thoroughly in food processor, using metal blade. Remove to a bowl.
2. Grind dates in food processor, using metal blade, until dates are like paste.
3. Return nuts to food processor; grind briefly with dates, vanilla and carob powder until well combined.
4. Divide date mixture into two portions. Roll out one portion on a flat surface to 1/8 inch thickness.
5. Cut date mixture into 11 equal portions. Roll each portion into a ball. Roll each ball in powdered sugar, if using.
6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 for second portion of date mixture. Serve. Date nut balls can be frozen for future use.