Healthy Recipes - Healthy Eating Print this page
18 slices: 94 mg. sodium per slice
1/2 cup (1/4 lb) unsalted butter, softened
1. Grease a 9 x 5 x 2-1/2 inch loaf pan.
2. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl. Stir briskly with a fork. (Fluff the flour with a spoon before measuring; this helps make the bread tender.)
3. Mash bananas well in a separate bowl with a fork. Add cinnamon and nutmeg. Mash again with the fork to combine.
4. Have all other ingredients on hand.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Place butter and sugar in a mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer at medium speed until butter is soft and creamy, about 1 to 2 minutes.
3. Add eggs, one at a time. Beat well after each addition.
4. Add banana. Beat until well combined, from about 1/2 minute to 1 minute.
5. Add the yogurt. Beat until well combined, from about 1/2 minute to 1 minute.
6. Add flour mixture, a couple of heaping spoonfuls at a time, beating after each addition until smooth.
7. Remove bowl from mixer. Fold walnuts into the batter with a large spoon.
8. Pour batter into the greased pan. Bake for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Set on a rack and cool for 10 minutes. Remove bread from pan and finish cooling on the rack. Serve warm or cold.