Healthy Recipes - Healthy Eating Print this page
1. Make pie crust (see below)
1. Mix cornstarch and sugar in the top of a double boiler. Place over pan of boiling water. Add the1cup boiling water to cornstarch mixture; stir until thick and clear, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
2. Put egg whites and salt into a large bowl. Beat until stiff at high speed of electric mixer (about 1-1/2 minutes). Gradually add the 2 Tablespoons sugar while still beating. Turn off beaters. Add vanilla; beat until combined.
3. Pour hot cornstarch mixture into egg white mixture all at once. At high speed, beat about 1 to 1-1/2 minutes to combine. Cool slightly. Fill pie shell, leaving some crust showing at the top. Refrigerate.
4. Just before serving, beat whipping cream. Gently cover top of pie with whipped cream, using a spatula. Sprinkle with grated chocolate to taste. Serve.
1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (9 graham cracker sheets crushed)
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
3. Bake for 15 minutes. Allow to cool.